Thursday 5 September 2013

the dime bar, battersea rise.


Last month before we headed on our seaside holiday, Jazz and I were treated to a lovely meal at The Dime Bar after Jazz did a spot of work for their newsletter. Funnily enough a few weeks before we planned to visit after spotting it en route to The Breakfast Club on Battersea Rise, so it was a nice surprise to be invited over! We both loved the decor of the diner and the atmosphere was really lovely - we adored how all of the vinyl covers were displayed, plus we also spied that they have a karaoke area downstairs which we'll definitely be trying out one day! We started our evening with cocktails, Jazz went for a Jack & Ginger, and for the life of me I can't remember what I had, but it was a yummy creamy cocktail! Food options can be very limited if you have to follow a strict gluten free diet like myself, but our waitress was extremely understanding in catering to my allergies which I really appreciated as that isn't always the case in some restaurants. I had a steak and a side salad, with no chips (as I assume they are cooked in the same oil as food containing wheat) - it would have been great to have a little more, but I can't complain too much as they made such an effort to accommodate me. Jazz was pretty pleased with her order of a classic hot dog with caramelized onions and fries, which made me extremely jealous as I couldn't have any, but she kindly gave me some of her onions to add to my steak! We'll definitely be visiting again soon, Jazz is already going on about how much she wants another hot dog... Love Barrina. x

5 comments:

  1. Ooh it looks lovely & both your meals sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, this looks like a great place and food looks mouthwatering! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love caramalised onions! Will put this place on my list of eateries to visit. My mum suffers from IBS and a garlic allergy so I admire places that accommodate problems like that x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely place I love the decor, sounds like the staff were super friendly tooxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely and caramelised onions are my favourite!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete